Who we are
- Chief Scientist, Head of the Group
- Dima Yakovlev
- Leading Scientists
- Alexander Kaminker
- Alexander Potekhin
- Yura Shibanov
- Anatolii Tsygan
- Vadim Urpin
- Senior Scientists
- Denis Baiko
- Dmitry Barsukov
- Andrey Chugunov
- Mikhail Gusakov
- Ksenia Levenfish
- Dima Shalybkov
- Peter Shternin
- Elena Kantor
- Andrey Danilenko
- Dmitry Zyuzin
- Junior Scientists, Research Assistants, Engineers
- Mikhail Beznogov
- Vasily Dommes
- Oleg Goglichidze
- Anna Karpova
- Andrey Kozhberov
What we do
We study neutron stars in different aspects. We consider different
physical processes related to superdense matter in neutron star interiors,
surface layers, atmospheres, magnetospheres, superstrong
magnetic fields; we construct plausible theoretical models for interpretation
of observations of neutron stars in multiwavelength bands. In particular,
we study isolated cooling neutron stars, radio and X-ray pulsars, gamma
and X-ray bursters and Soft Gamma Repeaters. The main projects we are
working on now are:
- Internal structure and thermal evolution of isolated neutron stars.
- Physical processes in cores and envelopes of neutron stars.
- Evolution of magnetic fields of neutron stars.
- Thermal emission from the atmospheres of neutron stars.
- Electrodynamics of neutron stars and their magnetospheres.