- Molecular beam epitaxy and fundamental studies of semiconductor heterostructures (with quantum wells, quantum dots and superlattices) based on:
- narrow gap III-V compounds for optoelectronic and electronic applications;
- wide gap II-VI compounds, as well as ZnO, for visible range and UV optoelectronics and basic studies in the field of spintronics;
- III-Nitrides for optoelectronic applications in the visible and UV spectral range as well as studies of plasmon-related phenomena.
- A surface, interface and in-depth profiling analysis of the chemical states and of concentrations of matrix elements, dopants, and impurities is performed using:
- dynamic SIMS;
- REELS surface-sensitive techniques.
- Post-growth processing techniques for various semiconductor materials and photolithography