The 4th International Workshop on Ultraviolet Materials and Devices (IWUMD-IV) is organized by Ioffe Insitute (St.Petersburg, Russia) and continues a series of the meetings of the Ultraviolet (UV) community. The workshop gets together prominent and young scientists in warm and friendly atmosphere. It provides a unique opportunity for the presentation and open discussion of latest results on R&D of novel UV materials and devices, new trends in basic and applied studies, modelling, and innovative technologies.
The workshop offers also an opportunity for companies to present new products and applications to the UV-community. The workshop program includes plenary talks, topical sessions with invited talks and oral presentations, as well as poster sessions.
The 4th edition follows the successful workshop series held in:
Beijing, China (2016), Fukuoka, Japan (2017), Kunming, China (2018).
Main scientific topics:
- AlN bulk crystals and templates
- Growth and properties of AlGaN heterostructures
- BN growth and fundamental properties
- Oxides (Ga2O3 etc.) growth and fundamental properties
- Wide-gap heterostructure physics
- Nanostructures and nanodevices
- UV photonic AlGaN devices
- Non-AlGaN UV photonic devices